What is the OLMI leaf remover?
The OLMI leaf removal system is a leaf remover that uses air to shatter the leaves without damaging fruit allowing greater light penetration to the fruiting area whether it be grapes or apples.
- In Orchards, it lifts the colour of the apples by removing leaves that are covering apples thus exposing them to the light. This is done 10- 14 days before harvest.
- In Vineyards, the OLMI can be used post cap fall to remove both leaf and trash inside the vine that is a perfect area for harbouring disease. This gives greater light penetration (the #1 fighter of disease) and allows better chemical protection of the fruiting area.
- Pre Harvest in Vineyards, the OLMI system can be used for removing leaves to give a better “Sample” before a machine harvest or leaf removal before hand picking to make the harvest crew more efficient as they don’t need to look for the bunches.
- Pre Harvest in Table Grape Vineyards, the OLMI system can be used before hand picking to make the harvest crew more efficient as they don’t need to look for the bunches. This system doesn’t damage the fruit.
- Two individually adjustable blowing heads, featuring rotors, and tilting control.
- Working speed: 0.6 -1 mph (1-1.5 km/h)
- Average coverage: 1 hour=1 acre (1 hectar=2 1/2 hours)
- Adjustable air blowing pressure: from 7 to 13 psi (0.5 0,9 bar)
- Pto operated (min. 80 hp tractor required, 750 to 1000 rpm)
- Blowing heads hydraulic tilting up to 90°
- Frame Max. Height: 10 ft (300 cm)
- Effective leaf removal without harming the fruit tree
- Increased crop commercial value due to higher duality of apples
- Considerable savings on manual labor
- Possibly no need of using reflective film
- During BLOSSOMING’ prevents an excessive flowering
- During RIPENING (from 25 to 7 days prior to the harvest): targeted deleafing enables to noticeably increase the color as well as the quality of apple.